New to blogging but love the idea of having a central place to show the latest pics and update family and friends on what we are up to!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some recent pictures & sick baby update

So I figure since I am sitting around the house waiting for Colby to arrive, I might as well be productive. So I finally downloaded some of our recent pictures. And had myself a good long laugh at some of them.
First, my little sickie baby. Hadley is luckily feeling MUCH better. The labs came back today and the drs decided it isn't RSV, just a bad viral respitory infection, but at least not as serious as RSV. And the ear infection they thought she had had cleared up when the fever went down so no more trying to force more meds into her. Just her breathing treatments. I think she is making up for lost time in acting completely wild and misbehaving. She was brutal today! And timeouts are back in full force. Between not totally feeling well and having been inactive for the last 3 days, she ran Mike and I a little ragged today. And the poor cat. Hadley has some obsession with the cat and was whooping on her today- above her norm of trying to capture her to give out lots of kisses. Today it was too funny to push the cat off of whatever furniture she was on and THEN chase her and kiss on her. Glad my kid is back but geez!


We put up the pack n play in the corner of the dinng room so we could have a baby station in the living area of the house. I kep thearing this thumping one day when Hadley was playing wiht her baby dolls in the dining room and I went to investigate. Hadley had overturned my hospital bag to use as a stepping stool, climbed intot he bassinet part of the pack n play and was rocking it back and forth (thumping the wall). When I asked her what she was doing in there, her response was to put her hands up by her head, close her eyes tight and say "Shhhhhhh....shhhhhh....nigh-night".


While most nights she goes to bed with no problem; we have been getting a little more restless at bedtime and you never know what you are goign to find when it finally gets quiet. But this would be the most typical- upside down, tush up, and on the blankets so you can't just cover her up again. The stinker.


A couple weekends ago, Michal and Teagan came down from Roseville to help me make a bunch of dinners and casseroles to put in the freezer for when Colby arrives. Poor Teagan wanted to play with Hadley so bad and was being so loving. Hadley of course was completely stand-offish and would whine if Teagan came hear her. The whining made Teagan want to comfort her which in turn drove Hadley more crazy. It took a full 24 hours before they finally sat down together and took turns putting rings on the toy and played nicely- for 5 minutes before sharing one toy became too much for both of them. Haha- maybe we should play with others more often.


And Mia has a new favorite spot too. Hadley's baby doll pack n play is next to the big one in the dining room. Usually there are babies sleeping in there but if not- then the cat is! At least until Hadley finds her there and begins to torment her some more!












1 comment:

Jen Chwalibog said...

SHE LOOKS SOOO SICK. And so big. Is she really tall for a not yet 2 yr old? She just seems huge!

She's so funny and smart, I just always kept kicking hte covers off, she figured out how to keep them off.

If you need a break, Aunt Jen and Uncle Mike could come steal her sometime :)