So we ended up at the ER last night with Hadley due to some respitory distress. She woke up at almost 1 am breathing really shallow and fast and generally freaking me out. She had been holding a steady temp at 101 and just generally sick and miserable for over 24 hours so this added to it was enough to send up off the the emergency room. Well, 12 hours later we were finally sent home after many breathing treatments and what not. Official diagnosis is RSV. She is to continue nebulizer treatments and some antibiotics for a concurrent ear infection and some other steroids to help the breathing and if she shows any sign of worsening, then we go back to be admitted to the hospital. They sent us home more to be nice to us I think than anything else. As luck would have it, my OB called today because my blood pressure has been hold steady my last few appts and she wanted to make sure I got monitored again today to see if the induction was nesseccary or if we could pu it off. With me tellign her what was going on with Hadley she was feeling more strongly that we should wait to have Colby as long as possible. So since my Non stress test went well today and my BP was ok, we are holding off on induction. This gives us a chance to get Hadley well first and let's Colby bake longer which is always a good thing. I have to admit I am a little disappointed. I am ready to not be pregnant any more and sitting in the discharge pharmacy waiting for Haldey's meds and seeing all of these daddy's picking up their wives meds and carrying baby seats into the recovery unit was a little disheartening. But we'll eb there soon enough.
We'll keep posting updates if things change!
Hope you all are feelign good and are better rested than we are today!
New to blogging but love the idea of having a central place to show the latest pics and update family and friends on what we are up to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Piper! OMG. How scary!! I'm glad every is home and I hope that Hadley gets over her RSV soon! I agree that it's better to keep you pregnant as long as possible, but boy, I know that sucks. You are doing the best thing for both of your babies. Try to get as much rest as you can. I'm glad your health is holding steady. You're in my thoughts! Just take it one day at a time. You will have that baby in your arms in no time!! Hugs - Jennifer
Post a Comment